Virginia Tech and the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center are easily accessible from both major interstates in southwest Virginia.
To reach campus from Interstate 81 (southbound and northbound):
- Take Exit 118 to reach the exit ramps for all three of the exits at this location. There is only one exit ramp serving the exits; missing the ramp means a trip north to Exit 128 or south to Exit 114 to turn around.
- Take Exit 118B onto U.S. 460 West. This exit connects directly to the Christiansburg Bypass. Follow the signs for Blacksburg/Virginia Tech. The U.S. 460 bypass between Blacksburg and Christiansburg is a limited-access highway from I-81 to the campus entrance.
- To reach the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center, continue on U.S. 460 for 8.5 miles to the Prices Fork Road exit for "Downtown."
- Turn right at the first traffic light on Prices Fork Road at the intersection with University City Boulevard. This is also the entrance to the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center. Take another right to go up the drive to the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center.
To reach the campus from Interstate 77 (northbound):
Take exit 32 onto I-81 North. Continue for about 29 miles and follow the directions above for Interstate 81 northbound.
To reach the campus from Interstate 77/West Virginia Turnpike (southbound):
- In West Virginia, take Exit 9, "U.S. 460-Princeton/Pearisburg, VA." Turn left at the stoplight at the end of the ramp onto U.S. 460 East.
- Continue on U.S. 460 East for about 44.9 miles (11.6 in W.Va., 33.3 in Virginia). Take the Toms Creek Road exit. Turn left onto Toms Creek Road.
- Turn right onto University City Boulevard at the first traffic light. Continue on University City Boulevard for about 1.2 miles until reaching the Prices Fork intersection (second light on University City Boulevard). Go straight at the light to the entrance for the Inn at Virginia Tech and Skelton Conference Center and the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center.
- Turn right to go up the drive to the Visitor and Undergraduate Admissions Center.